agosto 01, 2008

Supernatural > Actores > Principales > Jensen Ackles > Quotes

Jensen: There are just certain things that turn my head. It may be a girl's sense of humor, it may be her wit, or her belief system; it could be a lot of different things.

Jensen: (Any regrets about not going to college) Right now, no, because I feel as though I got a very interesting "life college." I moved out to this huge city all by myself. I had to grow up quickly. I learned a lot of things about the real world that my friends are just learning. Also, I started reading the dictionary and books about college education — I was teaching myself what my friends were learning in class. And it worked out — I would come home and talk to them about stuff that they hadn't even learned yet.

Jensen: (Days of Our Lives) It almost didn't happen — it was about three or four months after Mr. Rhodes was canceled. I was auditioning but not getting the jobs, and I was discouraged. Meanwhile I'm getting calls from all my friends who are in college having a blast. I went for the Day of Our Lives audition, and I was so frustrated that I thought, "If I don't get this one, I'm moving back home."

Jensen: (How he got into acting) My father is an actor, so he brought me into his agency when I was young. It wasn't something I wanted to do until high school, when I started taking theater and really liked it. Then an agent found me and wanted me to come out to Los Angeles and give it a shot. I gave myself six months [to find something], but it only took me like a week to get a job.

Jensen: I get nervous around girls [when I'm talking to them] for the first time. Once I'm in, I can take the reins and go. It's just the initial approach I'm really bad at.

Jensen: I'm not Mr. Debonair Suave. I'm just a regular boy who goofs around, pulls pranks, and makes jokes. That doesn't sound very hot to me.

Jensen: I was in preschool and a girl actually kissed me on the cheek. I didn't know what to do. I didn't know what it meant, so I instantly grabbed her face and kissed her on the lips. And, then I got suspended.

Annette O'Toole: Jensen is a really great actor. It would have been interesting to see him in the role of Clark Kent. He really knows how to take care of the other actor. Typically you only see that in much older actors.

Jensen: (On being recognized in public) It kind of catches me off guard when people come up to me... because when you're out shooting 15 hours a day for three to four months at a time, you don't see anybody from the outside world. You forget the stuff you're doing is actually being seen by millions of people.

Jensen: (On his most embarassing moment) I was about 13 at the time, doing a photo shoot for a catalogue on the Southern Methodist University campus. The jeans were about three sizes too small, so they cut out the back and opened the leg---it looked fine from the front but the back was missing. Suddenly, the period bell rang, and the students flooded out of every building as I stood there with my rear end hanging out. It was not a fun moment.

Jensen: (on fan encounters) The fans are very cool. And they’re avid fans of the genre, so when they come up to us, it’s not necessarily about us personally - it’s about the work, which is very flattering.

Jensen: (on “Supernatural” co-star Jared Padalecki) When Jared and I met, we kind of instantly became friends. He’s five years younger than me, so it was cool. I knew what it felt like to be an older brother and he knew what it felt like to be a younger brother - we just kind of fell into a nice rhythm.

Jensen: I'm from Texas, and I would love to do an old-fashioned gun-slinging Western.

Jensen: (on carousing With Jared Padalecki) I do my best to corrupt the little guy, but sometimes I've got to respect his relationship (with actress Sandra McCoy).

Jensen: When I was in middle school, some of my so-called friends found a catalogue ad I did for Superman pajamas. They made as many copies as they could and pasted them up all over school.

Jensen: (on gift-giving) The worst gift that I ever gave a girl was a suitcase for Christmas. As in, 'I can't think of anything to give you, but here's a new suitcase.' Afterward, I was like, 'What were you thinking, idiot?'

Jensen: (on girls) I'm into a casual-dressing girl: blue jeans and a tank top is super sexy. But the sexiest thing on a girl -- when I see it I'm like, oh my God--is these little tight boxers. Don't get me wrong, g-strings are fine, but those cover a little, to where it's just enough.

Jensen: (on wild fan moments) Sometimes if you're in the wrong place at the wrong time and you walk out of a bar and a guy's girlfriend recognizes you and the guy doesn't like it too much and starts hollering at you - that can get tricky. That happened to Jared [Padalecki] and me a couple of months ago.

Jensen: (on what he likes in a woman) Me and my buddies say, 'Someone who gets it.' Gets sarcasm, gets high-brow humor. Ultimately, someone who you can pal around with and also be intimate with. Someone who can laugh at your jokes--it may sound cheesy, but someone who can be your best friend as well as your lover.

Jensen: (on performing a stunt underwater while supporting the weight of a 10-year old actor) I don't know if you have ever been held underwater against your will, but it's a very unsettling feeling... To hold your breath long enough to get the camera rolling, it was very taxing mentally. I had the life of a 10-year-old on me.

Jensen: (on the bruises and cuts he obtains during the filming of Supernatural) I'll be getting into the shower and all of a sudden it will be like, 'Whoa!' I'll find a new cut or a bump or a bruise... I'll feel a cut on my elbow and think, 'Oh, nice!'

Jensen: (on Supernatural) Our characters never know who or what they will be dealing with on any given case. They live a life of uncertainty and not a little fear.

Jensen: What I enjoy most is travelling to different places and meeting new people. For me, it's all about life experiences and I'm very grateful that acting allows me so many interesting and fulfilling ones.

Jensen: That's a little Screen Gems horror flick that David Winkler, son of famous director Irwin Winkler, directed and basically rewrote while we were shooting it, which is always a tricky situation. I think that if I had known it was going to be a complete rewrite during shooting, it may have been something I would have thought about a little longer.

Jensen: (Jensen's favorite episode of Supernatural so far is "Home") It did a good job of starting to peel back some of the layers of Dean and Sam. It's great to deal with these guys on their journey as heroes, and that's going to be a very moving part of the series.

Jensen: I love the smell of shampoo on a girl's hair. You can walk past someone and be like, 'Wow, you took a shower this morning, didn't you? Because you smell lovely!'

Jensen: I'm a mad Gummi fan. I always have Gummis in my trailer. But you can't eat too many because then you get Gummi tummy, and that's no good. I can't believe I'm saying this.

Jensen: I consider myself a non-denominational Christian. I grew up in a Bible church and still hold those beliefs very close to me.

Jensen: (on Supernatural) Other shows scare you with what they don't show. We definitely show it. I never know what I’m going to do each week.

Jensen: (on his show, Supernatural) It's an actual scary movie on every week.

Jensen: When I was a sophomore, a friend asked me to go to a local acting seminar with him. Two guys were very interested in me and wanted me to come out to L.A. I wanted to finish high school before doing anything like that. I figured they'd just forget about me, but they kept after me for two years.

Jensen: I used to be scared of uncertainty; now I get a high out of it.

Jensen: I have a buddy of mine who's a musician and I play guitar and sing quite a bit with him.

Jensen: (On the best gift he gave a woman) I would say it was a black pearl ring that I designed for her. The pearl I picked up in Tahiti at a market and fished through a bowl full of these pearls until I found my favorite one.

Jensen: (regarding Supernatural) I think just working with the show... learning what all this stuff means... like cold spots or certain electromagnetic waves or the crackling noises, the dimming lights and stuff like that that we do on a daily basis. This is stuff that is researched by the writers so now, when you're in a hotel room and it gets really cold and the lights start flickering it's like, "Alrighty! Where's my salt gun when I need it?"

Jensen: Being from Texas, I would say I favor a pair of jeans you can wear some boots with.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

 
Layout y Header completo por Nice Colors HQ